(1) PROPERTY DAMAGE, ACCIDENT OR INJURY: (Tenant) understands that he/she is solely responsible for any property damage, accident, injury to any person or loss sustained by any person, including loss of money, jewelry and other items of personal property, arising out of or in any way related to Tenant’s occupancy or use of the Premises or any items of personal property provided by City to Forest, LLC, DBA, Evergreen Cabins & Mercantile. (Landlord). The Tenant will be held accountable for disruption to other guests’ stays due to loud or disruptive behavior. The Tenant shall become familiar with the proper use and application of all furniture and appliances in or on the Premises prior to utilization of the same. The Tenant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold the Landlord harmless from any and all claims, including, but not limited to, those from third parties, arising out of or in any way related to tenant’s occupancy or use of Premises or of the items of personal property provided therein. The Tenant assumes the risk of injury or losses relating to any recreational activities in or on the property of City to Forest, LLC., DBA Evergreen Cabins & Mercantile (Premises) and will hold the landlord harmless with respect thereto.
(2) DAMAGE/THEFT: The tenant agrees to leave the Premises and any items of personal property provided by the landlord in a clean and undamaged condition. If the Premises and items of personal property provided by the Landlord are not left in the same condition in which the Tenant found the same, the Tenant understands and agrees that the Landlord reserves the right to charge the Tenant for any repairs and/or special cleaning and/or stolen items. The Tenant hereby authorizes the Landlord to charge any expenses related to the repairs or cleaning of the Premises and any items of personal property provided by the Landlord beyond normal wear and tear or related to theft of any property to the Tenant’s credit card on file. If the Tenant leaves the Premises excessively dirty, taking the cleaning/satanizing service longer than 2.0 hours to clean, the Tenant will be assessed a $35 cleaning fee, which will be charged to the Tenant’s credit card on file. Should the Tenant dispute such charges, or the credit limit on the card be insufficient to cover the theft and/or repairs/cleaning of the Premises and any items of personal property provided by the Landlord, the Landlord reserves the right to charge the Tenant with vandalism and pursue collection from the Tenant with venue being in Jefferson County, Pennsylvania. All attorney fees incurred by the Landlord will be at the expense of the Tenant should collection become necessary. Any items missing from the Property will be replaced at current retail value, plus a $25.00 service fee charged to the Tenant. CUTTING LIMBS, TREES OR CARVING ON TREES, INDOOR OR OUTDOOR FURNITURE IS CONSIDERED VANDALISM AND IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. EITHER ACTIVITY MAY RESULT IN TERMINATION OF THIS AGREEMENT, REMOVAL OF THE TENANT FROM THE PREMISES AND POSSIBLE STATE POLICE INTERVENTION. All costs will be charged to the Tenant’s credit card on file for damages to trees or furniture.
(3) MALFUNCTIONS: The Landlord strives to maintain the Premises in such a way as to ensure that the Tenant experiences a clean and safe stay. There may be circumstances beyond the Landlord’s control. However, the Landlord will make reasonable efforts to deal with any malfunctions. While the Landlord cannot refund any monies due to such malfunctions, the Landlord will respond as quickly as possible under the circumstances to make repairs and/or restore services. In rare instances, the Landlord may move the Tenant to alternative accommodations if it becomes necessary and alternative accommodations are available. Power failures due to storms, etc. are considered beyond the Landlord’s control and will not constitute a refund of money or services. The Landlord or its agent(s) shall have the right of access to the Premises for repair and maintenance during reasonable hours. The Landlord reserves the right to offer credit toward future rentals for any inconveniences encountered as part of the Tenant’s stay. In the event of an emergency, the Landlord or its agent(s) may enter the Premises at any time to protect life and prevent damage to the Premises or items of personal property provided by the Landlord.
(4) SUPPLIES AND FIREWOOD: The Premises are supplied with the following: starter supply of toilet paper, paper towels, trash can liners, hand soap, dish soap, dish towels and an initial load of firewood approximately 3′ x 3′. If you need additional firewood, (at $10 per additional load) Tenant must bring his/her own personal care products, extra paper products and large garbage bags. The Premises are also supplied with linens on the beds, coffee pot, toaster, microwaves, dishes, silverware, pots, pans and cooking utensils. The Tenant will be charged for any missing or damaged items on Tenant’s credit card on file as the Premises are inventoried upon checkout.
(5) OCCUPANCY: Occupancy of the Premises is limited to the maximum capacity as stated for each property. No tents, campers or RV’s are permitted on the Premises. The minimum age to reserve the Premises is eighteen (18) years of age. The Tenant reserving the Premises for a group must be present with the group at the time of occupancy. The Tenant reserving the Premises for a group assumes all responsibility, both personally and financially, for the actions of the members of his/her/their group. No keys will be provided until the balance owed for the Premises is tendered in full.
(6) PETS: The Premises are pet friendly and any pets must be reported to and approved by the Landlord. Traditional pets, such as cats and dogs only are permitted on the Premises. The maximum number of pets on the Premises is two (2) per cabin and all pets are at a fee of $15 per night per pet plus tax. Pets must be leashed when outdoors and kept off the furniture when indoors. Pets must be well behaved and house broken. Pets must NOT be left unattended or alone indoors unless they are crated using Tenant’s furnished crate, pen or carrying case. Pets must have ID collars, be licensed, up-to-date on rabies and other vaccinations. Pets shall not be a nuisance nor create any unreasonable disturbance (such as excessive barking) nor be parasite infested. Pets should not cause personal injury or property damage. Pets should not go to the bathroom inside premises at all. Tenant will pick up after pets (inside and outside) and dispose of the waste properly in bags. If Tenant does not declare a pet or does not meet the other guidelines for pets on the premises as described, Tenant will be charged $30 per day to Tenant’s credit card on file. In addition, Tenant is responsible for any damages to the Premises or injuries to other persons caused by the pet.
(7) ALCOHOL/DRUGS/SMOKING: The Tenant is permitted alcohol in and on the Premises. However, City to Forest, LLC., DBA Evergreen Cabins & Mercantile is a family-oriented establishment. Absolutely no illegal drugs are permitted in or on the Premises. Consumption of alcohol on the Premises by minors (under age 21) is prohibited. In Cook Forest State Park alcohol is strictly prohibited. When on the actual State Park grounds – Cook Forest State Park, alcohol is prohibited. Cabin interiors are non-smoking.
(8) NOISE: Excessively Loud noise and/or loud parties will not be tolerated. You may be asked to vacate premise if complaints are received by other guests. Absolute quiet time is from 11:00 p.m. until 9:00 a.m. Please respect other guests.
(9) FIRES: Do not leave any fire, indoors or outdoors, unattended. Absolutely no fireworks on the premises.
(10) GARBAGE AND FOOD: Please do not leave any food in any outside area or on the porches of the Premises. Place garbage in the dumpster located on the property; please see map for exact location. Please place garage into dumpsters and don’t throw the garbage over dumpster fence. Do not leave garbage on porches or other outdoor areas, as this will attract wild animals.
(11) LITTERING: Do not litter in and around the Premises. If Tenant brings or drags brush, twigs, branches or wood to burn, please burn it and/or return it to the woods prior to leaving the Premises. Do not leave such items in or on the Premises.
(12) FIREWORKS: The presence or use of fireworks in or on the Premises is strictly prohibited.
(13) GUNS: Discharging of weapons (Guns, Firearms, Archery) is not permitted in the cabins or on the premises and grounds outside the cabins.
(14) COOKING: Cooking over the indoor fireplace is prohibited. Tenant, when cooking, should use the kitchen stove, outdoor fire pit or outdoor grill.
(15) HOUSEKEEPING DUTIES: The Tenant understands and agrees that he/she will perform the following housekeeping duties before vacating the Premises:
• Wash and dry all dirty dishes and put them away; Leaving dirty dishes will constitute a $25 fine to be charged to your credit card. Please do not place dirty dishes in the cupboards.
• Dispose of all food from cabinets and refrigerator.
• Gather all garbage from all trash cans inside and place in the dumpster
• Clean the Premises (vacuum) and leave the cabin in the same condition in which it was found when you, the Tenant, arrived.
• Burn brush, twigs, branches or wood or return the same to the forest;
• Secure the Premises by locking all doors and windows before departure, close all windows.
• Turn the thermostat to 55 degrees F; Turn off all lights.
• Turn the key in to the Evergreen Cabins & Mercantile store or the “Key
Drop” Box on the store porch. Leaving the cabin unusually dirty where it takes the janitorial staff over 2 hours to clean your cabin, will result in a $75 fee to be charged to your credit card or invoiced to you.
16) REARRANGING FURNITURE: Do not rearrange the furniture inside or outside the Premises. If Tenant rearranges cabin furniture (indoor or outdoor) during their stay, they must return the furniture to its initial location prior to Tenant’s departure. A fee of $25 will be charged to the Tenant’s credit card on file if such furniture is not returned to its initial location prior to the Tenant’s departure. If items are taken from one cabin to another, please return the items to the original cabin.
(17a) CHECK IN / CHECK OUT POLICIES: Tenant understands and agrees that check in time is no earlier than 3:30 p.m. and check out time is no later than 11:00 AM with no exceptions. An additional hourly charge of $25 per hour will be charged to Tenant’s credit card on file for late check outs, unless previous arrangements have been made. Tenant’s credit card will be charged for the remaining balance ON THE MORNING OF THEIR RESERVARTION and the receipt will be emailed to at the time of charge. The printed receipt will also be placed in an envelope with guest’s name on front porch of Evergreen Cabins & Mercantile in the event of a late check-in after normal business hours . The envelope will also contain a map and key to the subject cabin rental. The Tenant agrees to abide by all guidelines given at check in. If paying with a credit card, a valid credit card must be presented upon arrival or be on file from the on-line reservation.
(17b) MINIMUM STAYS: There is a two (2) night minimum stay on all reservations except holiday weekends and hunting season. Holidays require a three (3) night minimum stay. Hunting season requires a four (4) night minimum stay. On occasion, by exception and with availability, the Guest(s) may reserve a one (1) night stay for an additional $25 fee (plus tax).
(18) PAYMENT: At the time of reservation, 50% of the reservation will be charged to Tenant’s credit card. Or, if paying by check, a check from Tenant must be received by Landlord within seven (7) days of making your reservation. In the case of year-end reservations, for the following year, an allowance of fourteen (14) days, from the first of January, is given to receive your deposit. The balance must be paid upon check-in using Visa, MasterCard, Discover, cash or check. No keys will be given out before the balance due is paid.
The first person to arrive in larger groups must be prepared to pay the balance upon arrival in order to receive keys, unless balance is paid by credit card before check-in.
Taxes: Pennsylvania Hotel Tax in Jefferson County, PA is 5%. There is 6% PA Sales Tax. 11% taxes apply to all reservations.
(19) CANCELLATIONS: Deposits are non-refundable, but transferable within six months of original reserved date.
If the Tenant(s) arrives late or departs early, he/she do not receive a credit nor a refund.
If making reservations during winter months, expect snow and winter travel conditions.
(20) NO WAIVER: No waiver by Landlord of any default or breach of any term, condition or covenant of this agreement by Tenant shall be deemed to be a waiver of any other breach of the same or any other term, conditions or covenant contained herein.
(21) TERMINATION: Failure of Tenant to comply with any of the provisions of this agreement may warrant a visit by the State Police, termination of this agreement and removal of the Tenant from the Premises. Notwithstanding termination of the agreement by the Landlord, Tenant remains responsible for any fees, costs or penalties due hereunder.
ENTIRE AGREEMENT: This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between TENANT and City to Forest, LLC., DBA Evergreen Cabins & Mercantile.